Local Surfers


Local surfers are starting. It’s not too late though foreign surfers started surfing Krui at about twenty years ago. I don’t know why locals start now. May be they just need a cool twenty years of observation before they have the nerve to put their belly on the board. Years ago foreign surfers asked me why locals didn’t surf. I said I didn’t know, may be they were just afraid of big waves. Besides, they didn’t have the surfboards.

Now that more and more foreign surfers take the waves in front of their eyes, their curiosity raises. And it’s easier to get a second board now for cheap.

“I like surfing. It’s fun. But I cannot stand up yet”, said Suheri, a second grade boy (picture below). The surf at Krui left worked that afternoon, April 16, 2011,  however, not many surfers were on the water. There were only him and his d big brother Feri (picture above) “My brother teaches me how to surf. But I need time to learn,” he added.

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Hasim's Space | Design by Blog template in collaboration with Concert Tickets, and Menopause symptoms
Powered by Blogger