Past Perfect

JIKA kita ingin menceritakan dua kejadian di masa lampau yang terjadi berurutan (kejadian yang satu mendahului kejadian yang lainnya), maka kejadian yang pertama (yang mendahului) dinyatakan dalam PAST PERFECT, dan kejadian yang kedua (yang belakangan) dinyatakan dalam SIMPLE PAST.

Contoh

I realized that I had left my umbrella in the train only when I got home.
                        PAST PERFECT                                    SIMPLE PAST  

Dalam kalimat di atas, “I had left my umbrella in the train,” terjadi lebih dahulu daripada “I got home”.

Pola kalimat Past Perfect adalah Subject + had + Verb III + ….. (kalimat positif)

Contoh-contoh:

-          John had gone out when I arrived in the office
-          I had saved my documents before the computer crashed
-          When they arrived, I had already started cooking.
-          He was very tired becaused he hadn’t slept well.

Just

‘Just’ digunakan untuk menekankan bahwa kejadian yang pertama baru saja selesai.

Contoh-contoh

-          The train had just left when I arrived at the station.
-          She had just left the room when the police arrived.
-          I had just put the washing out when it started to rain.


Kalimat negative, Subject + hadn’t + Verb III + …. 

-          John hadn’t gone out when I arrived.
-          I hadn’t saved my documents when the computer crashed.
-          When they arrived, I hadn’t started cooking.

Kata ‘yet’ bisa ditambahkan setelah Verb III atau objeknya untuk memberi penekanan:

-          John hadn’t gone out yet when I arrived.
-          I hadn’t saved my documents yet when the computer crashed.
-          When they arrived, I hadn’t started cooking yet.


Kalimat interrogative, Had + Subject + Verb III + ….

-          Had the train left when you arrived at the station?
-          Had you saved your documents when the computer crashed?
-           
Kata ‘already’ bisa ditambahkan setelah subjek untuk memberi penekanan:

-          Had the train already left when you arrived at the station?
-          Had you already saved your documents before the computer crashed?
-          Had you already started cooking when they arrived?

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Hasim's Space | Design by Blog template in collaboration with Concert Tickets, and Menopause symptoms
Powered by Blogger