October Fest 11: Eid al-Adha


Krui Left
It’s an Eid al-Adha day. It’s a national holiday in Indonesia, and so is in other Moslem countries. Eid-al-Adha is also called Feast of the Sacrifice. It is a day when Moslems people all around the world slaughter four legs cattle and share the meat with poor people. Eid al-Adha is the second biggest holiday for Indonesian Moslems, after Eid al-Fitr. The holiday usually last two to three days.   

And so this is a long weekend for Indonesian people. And as usual, Krui is packed with local tourist from neighboring country sides. But unfortunately, it’s not a big days for surfers. When I came to check Krui Left at about 8:40 this morning, it was working small, and I saw only one surfer in the surf.

The Peak
And when I turned to The Peak, it was small too, and nobody was seen in the surf. But when I turned my head to The Leftover, I saw it working with one body boarder in the water.  

I left The Peak and went down to Mandiri only to find that the surf was a mass, the water was choppy, and the wind was onshore. Nobody seen in the water at about 9:20.

However, when I turned back to The Peak at 9:40, the surf was still working and I saw two body boarders in the water. It was still small as earlier in the morning. And the body boarder who was surfing The Leftover then paddled all the way to The Peak to join the other two. But soon after he arrived at The Peak, the other two body boarders gave up and paddled out of the water. And not long after that, this last man standing also paddled his ass out of the water, leaving the surf unattended. And the game over at about 10 o’clock.

And when I came back to check Krui Left, it was even smaller, and nobody out.

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Hasim's Space | Design by Blog template in collaboration with Concert Tickets, and Menopause symptoms
Powered by Blogger