Meet the Film Maker



I guess most of the film about Krui Surfs that you’ve seen on YouTube or any other sites are candid camera making, that is to say, there is nothing directed in the making of the film. If you see the videos that appear amateur with unprofessional camera operating and editing, you will know what I mean. And if you search ‘Krui Surf’ on YouTube, you’ll see a lot of this. But anyway, thanks to those amateur film makers, Krui Surfs is better known today.

However, some videos are professionally made, especially those videos for advertisement. Like these Spanish guys that I met at one of Krui Surf location the other day. I don’t know they were making advertisement or not, but they looked professional.


I met those guys by the beach. They were hanging out in the compound of one of the local people’s property, surrounded by wood fence, by the surf. They were sitting and talking under the cozy situation of shady trees. The day was clear and the air was fresh. However, no one went surfing. I presumed they were waiting for the surfers in the water to finish. There were surfers in the water and they seemed not to like joining in. One of the guys was holding a professional camera, taking some shots of anything around.   

The next day I met them again at the same place. Two of them were busy making ready the camera and the tripod. They have a bunch of camera stuffs to do with. They made a tripod with a plane on top for the camera to slide in. I guess they were going to film some surfing scenes, but I was wrong. Instead of filming someone surfing, they made a walking scene. The guy with the camera directed his friend for a scene. He asked his friend to get wet and holding his body-board and walked down the beach as though he had just been finished surfing. They made some takes and retakes for some better results.  

“Will you publish the film on YouTube?” I asked the director.

“Yes, I will publish it, but not on YouTube,” he said. He mentioned a site name which I forget. He then showed me some amazing surfing scenes on his camera that he must have taken close range from the water the other days. I bet he gonna mix the surfing scenes with the last seen that he has just made. Can’t wait to see his film on the net.

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Hasim's Space | Design by Blog template in collaboration with Concert Tickets, and Menopause symptoms
Powered by Blogger