Learn to Surf 1



Not all travelers who come to Krui are able surfers. Some of them cannot surf at all, while some others are just trying to surf. Like Clive and Jimmy, two American guys who I met at Krui left this morning, who were just trying to get a ride in the waves.

Clive and Jimmy tried the beach breaks, the breaks between Krui left and Krui right. The beach breaks are so close to the beach so they are easy to reach. You don’t have to paddle a long way to get to the breaks. And since it was after Ramadan days, the local people from towns close to Krui packed by the beach. And the low tide makes the beach even more friendly and dramatic.


I saw Clive and Jimmy got dramatically wiped out by the waves, right by the seashore. However, they were just OK because there is no reef at all. I guessed if someone got wipeout like that at the reef, they can get injured badly. That may be the reason why people use this beach breaks to learn how to surf, beside its easiness. If you come to Krui and you need to learn to surf, you’ll have to take this beach breaks, too.

“How long have you been learning to surf?” I asked Clive.
“Two days,” he answered.
“How is it going?”
“I think this board is not just suitable for the waves. It’s not the right size,” said Clive, pointing to the large surfboard in his hand.

I eyed his surfboard. Yes, I think it’s too big.

“Are you kind of training him?” I asked Jimmy. When I saw them two in the water, I never saw Jimmy had a try with the board. Instead, he was holding something like a camera. I bet he took some photographs of Clive.

“No. I am trying to surf myself.”
   

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Hasim's Space | Design by Blog template in collaboration with Concert Tickets, and Menopause symptoms
Powered by Blogger